Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Few Suggestions

3 posters

:: Support :: Suggestions

Go down

A Few Suggestions Empty A Few Suggestions

Post by Vegito Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:10 pm

1) Put in some of the commands from the old server into the new one, like @freeitem They were extremely helpful back then. Well, that is unless you were trying to make this one similar to how you wanted the old server to be post-wipe

2) As stated other suggestions, a functioning chat box would be extremely helpful. It would allow for people to chat out of game. It would also allow people who are having technical issues to not clutter the forum with questions that can be easily solved. Instead, they could ask questions in the chat box, shortening the amount of time in-between then they ask the question and when they get the answer, as well as cutting down on forum spam.

3) If at all possible, make notifications go away after you click on them. I know that you can make them go away by clicking the red X next to them, however this can be somewhat tedious.

Other suggestions to come.

Last edited by Vegito on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vegito

Back to top Go down

A Few Suggestions Empty Re: A Few Suggestions

Post by Bronzy Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Vegito wrote:1) Put in some of the commands from the old server into the new one, like @freeitem They were extremely helpful back then. Well, that is unless you were trying to make this one similar to how you wanted the old server to be post-wipe

2) As stated other suggestions, a functioning chat box would be extremely helpful. It would allow for people to chat out of game. It would also allow people who are having technical issues to not clutter the forum with questions that can be easily solved. Instead, they could ask questions in the chat box, shortening the amount of time in-between then they ask the question and when they get the answer, as well as cutting down on forum spam.

Agree with 2, but what would @freeitem give you?
Bronzy
Bronzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegito Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Bronzy wrote:
Vegito wrote:1) Put in some of the commands from the old server into the new one, like @freeitem They were extremely helpful back then. Well, that is unless you were trying to make this one similar to how you wanted the old server to be post-wipe

If you mean item wise, it could work like it did in the old server. It would open up a dialogue box in which you enter in a specific code for an item, and then you receive it. You can look up item codes in it, and you can also use code books to find the correct code. However, I'm not sure where you can find those anymore. If you mean why it's practical, it would just make the game easier to test. By being given the ability to have any item that you want, be it a weapon, cash item, or anything else, you could more easily test out the server. There are of course many other commands, such as @goto which would also make testing the server easier. They make the game easier, make finding bugs and glitches easier, and can even make the server more fun for some people.

Vegito

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronzy Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:

If you mean item wise, it could work like it did in the old server. It would open up a dialogue box in which you enter in a specific code for an item, and then you receive it. You can look up item codes in it, and you can also use code books to find the correct code. However, I'm not sure where you can find those anymore. If you mean why it's practical, it would just make the game easier to test. By being given the ability to have any item that you want, be it a weapon, cash item, or anything else, you could more easily test out the server. There are of course many other commands, such as @goto which would also make testing the server easier. They make the game easier, make finding bugs and glitches easier, and can even make the server more fun for some people.
Wouldn't that be too easy then? You can just get any item you want just by typing it's code.
Bronzy
Bronzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegito Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Bronzy wrote:
Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:

Wouldn't that be too easy then? You can just get any item you want just by typing it's code.

It could make the game extremely easy, however that is just one example of a command that the old server had. Plus, you don't have to use the commands if you don't want to, making the game as difficult as you want it to be.

Vegito

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronzy Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:
Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:

It could make the game extremely easy, however that is just one example of a command that the old server had. Plus, you don't have to use the commands if you don't want to, making the game as difficult as you want it to be.
Even if you didn't want to use it and didn't use it, others still would and there would be no market because everyone would just have the items they want.
Bronzy
Bronzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegito Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Bronzy wrote:
Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:
Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:

Even if you didn't want to use it and didn't use it, others still would and there would be no market because everyone would just have the items they want.

As I stated earlier, that was just one of the many commands that I was referring to. Either way though, being that we're still in Beta, the market really doesn't matter much. We're mostly just trying to have some fun and find bugs. Or at least that's what I'm here for. Plus, as was intended for the previous server, I wouldn't be very surprised if the server was wiped once it exited Beta. That could get rid of the commands, the characters, the items, and so forth, making the addition of the command not have any impact on the actual server. Well, other than the fact that such commands could make finding bugs and glitches easier, meaning that the server could exist beta more quickly.

Vegito

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronzy Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:06 am

Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:
Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:
Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:

As I stated earlier, that was just one of the many commands that I was referring to. Either way though, being that we're still in Beta, the market really doesn't matter much. We're mostly just trying to have some fun and find bugs. Or at least that's what I'm here for. Plus, as was intended for the previous server, I wouldn't be very surprised if the server was wiped once it exited Beta. That could get rid of the commands, the characters, the items, and so forth, making the addition of the command not have any impact on the actual server. Well, other than the fact that such commands could make finding bugs and glitches easier, meaning that the server could exist beta more quickly.
Well, I just realized this server is still in beta, and if it is going to get wiped later on, I don't see why not. My bad, never knew it was still in beta. Laughing 
Bronzy
Bronzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegito Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:09 am

Bronzy wrote:
Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:
Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:
Vegito wrote:
Bronzy wrote:

Well, I just realized this server is still in beta, and if it is going to get wiped later on, I don't see why not. My bad, never knew it was still in beta.  Laughing 

Lol, no problem. The server, for the most part, looks a lot more complete than most other servers that are in Beta, so it's not too surprising that people would think that it's out of Beta. Anywho, thanks for the support, see you around.

Vegito

Back to top Go down

Post by Thecodman44 Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:12 am

It would be nice to see a freeitems npc just for beta. When your funded its easier to tryout bosses maps etc.

Thecodman44

Back to top Go down

Post by Vegito Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 am

Thecodman44 wrote:It would be nice to see a freeitems npc just for beta. When your funded its easier to tryout bosses maps etc.
Upon getting more used to the server, there is an @aio command that works similarly, however it only has weapons and armor.

Vegito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down