Kevin's GM Application

Go down

Kevin's GM Application

Post by Shimmy on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:48 pm

General Questions
  1.) Name/Age/Location: Kevin Na/17/East Coast, USA

2.) Character Name: Shimmy

3.) Contact information(e-mail/skype etc):kvnna@yahoo.com/ Crusademption(Skype)

4.) What position are you applying for?: Game Master

5.) What languages are you fluent in?: Korean and English

Availability
  6.)How often during the week are you free?: As a Senior I will be free almost every single day. Starting from 3:30(UTC: -5:00)

7.)How many hours, daily, would you be available during the weekdays/weekends?: As much as I can spare. Roughly 3-6 hours would be my mark on weekends. Weekend I'll be on 6+ but almost meaning that I may afk from time to time.

Gaming Experience
   8.) How long have you played Maplestory?: I've played GMS for a good 3 years. And I've    been playing Maplestory Private Servers for around 3 years.

9.) How long have you played Maple Valor?: I've been playing for 15 days.

10.) How long have you been playing MMOs?: Ever since I've been introduced to PC Games. Starting from Runescape, WOW, I went on to play Maplestory.

Game Masterr
  11.) Have you ever been a GM of another server?: No, but I was set to become one, however the project was canceled before any coding or beta. Although irrelevant and not Maplestory, I have been an Admin and Moderators on numerous Runescape Servers back in 2010. They shutdown, and I shifted my interests to Maplestory Private Servers.

12.) How long did you stay in that position?: No time.

13.) What was required of you in this position?: A general GM application.

14.) Do you have proof of your experience?: No.

Forum Moderator
  15.) Have you ever been a forum moderator of another server?: No

16.) How long did you hold this position?

17.) What was required of you in this position?

18.) Do you have proof of your experience?

Development & Coding(Please also pm this portion of your application to Tokeu)
  19.) Have you ever been a Developer or Coder of another Server?

20.) What experience did you gain?

21.) How long were you in the position?

22.) What languages do you have experience in?

23.) Link to examples of work:
No Coding

Maple Valor General Questions
  1.) A fellow staff member is abusing his/her powers, what do you do?: As much of friends that fellow staff member can be, I should be responsible to report the Admins about that staff member.

2.) A fight is going on among some players, how would you settle the situation?: I'll be honest, not all problems or fights are of the uniform scale. It depends on the scale of the problem. If I consider something to be simply verbal abuse or harassment(1 time thing), I would end it with a warning or potential temporary ban/mute because a third party would make things much more complicated and extenuated. However if it was something like scamming or constant harassment, then a bigger sense of judgement comes in.

3.) How does one go about donating to Maple Valor?: To donate, the main site has a link to the donation process.

4.) How long must you have played prior to applying as a staff member?: Minimum 2 days

5.) What is the age limit requirement to apply for a staff position?: 15+ years old

Conclusion
  1.) Why do you want to be part of the Maple Valor staff?: Aside from the items and powers, it feels nice to help once in awhile. Combining different aspects, playing MS, talking to different people, and helping other people, is what makes me to want to be a part of the staff. Of course not obtaining the title of GM doesn't necessarily mean that I can't help others, but it allows me to contribute in a bigger scale. And of course, it gives me the opportunity to become a GM for the first time. Honestly, power and spoils are factors of me wanting to become a GM, but I'm positive that greed won't let me abuse.

2.) What do you bring to the table as a GM?: Although I'm inexperienced towards the MS side of staff, I know the responsibilities and the tasks that I have to perform as an authority figure in MMO's or games in general. As I've stated before I was staff in a couple RS servers.

3.) Why should we hire you, as a person?: I welcome new things and experience. Even if it's tedious I bite my lips and I work hard. Even if I don't provide spectacular results, I know that I've tried. I'm honest and not full of it, in terms of excuse or BS. And I respect my faults and in-capabilities. Most importantly, I like to have a good time.

Thank you, for taking your time to read this application!

Last edited by Shimmy on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Few HTML Code errors, and Yellow to bright :P)
Shimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kevin's GM Application

Post by Tokeu on Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:17 am

Good luck Shimmy!
Tokeu
Admin

View user profile http://maplevalor.forumc.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Kevin's GM Application

Post by Shimmy on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 am